[rt-users] RT + postgres 8.2?

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Mar 16 15:57:02 EDT 2007

Scot,

PostgreSQL 8.2 works well with RT. There was a post or two to
the mailing list that had some needed tuning suggestions. Also,
be sure to add my patch to DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Pg.m to
make the Tickets query builder usable. I posted it to rt-users
but it has not been incorporated in DBIx::SearchBuilder as of
the 1.48 release. Here is the change needed:

diff Pg.pm Pg.pm_ORIG
238c238
<         $$statementref = "SELECT main.* FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT main.id FROM $$statementref ) distinctquery, $table main WHERE (main.id = distinctquery.id) ";
---
>         $$statementref = "SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM $$statementref";

Also, dump the OID columns when you move to 8.2. If you have
any questions, let me know.

Ken