[rt-users] Bulk Adding Users

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Sat Mar 17 00:56:21 EDT 2007

I have looked hard at the wiki and done extensive searching on the
general web but can't seem to find any reference as to how to bulk
upload users.  In can dump the users directly into the database (I am
assuming) but the passwords will need to be encrypted.  I have a utility
which will bulk encrypt passwords using md5sum.  Is this the encryption
method for RT?  Will I need to update any other table other than
RT-users?  In our situation, it's a "closed shop" and the potential
users are all known.

I have been trying to make the MS active directory authentication work
but have had to give up on that.

I am using (via RPM install on Mandriva) version 3.4.5.

Thanks in advance,

Rick