[rt-users] Cannot write to '/opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log'-Permission denied

bijayant kumar bijayant4u at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 08:26:04 EDT 2007

Hello to all,
                 This is Bijayant. I have a very strange problem regarding RT. I am installing RT-3.6.1 from a tar file on CentOs. I have every required dependencies for RT installed on my system. when i am trying to run RT on web i am getting this error in my log :-

[Sat Mar 17 07:18:43 2007] [error] [client 59.92.132.151] Cannot write to '/opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log': Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Log/Dispatch/File.pm line 86.\n

I have checked permission of the /opt/rt3/var/rt.log , it is all set to apache:apache. I have already installed RT on gentoo-linux, and its running fine over there. But i am not able to understand this issue, why i am getting the above error.

So please please help me, my clients need this urgently. I will be very thankful to you all for the same.

Bijayant Kumar