[rt-users] Scrips: User Defined actions and Templates

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 26 09:28:39 EDT 2007

At Friday 3/23/2007 07:34 PM, Gene LeDuc wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I want a scrip to use both a User Defined action and a template.  My
>understanding is that selecting User Defined for the action means
>that the template won't get run.  It would be nice to run my "prep"
>code to modify a ticket, launch the template, then run my "cleanup"
>code.  Is there a command that I can put into my custom action that
>will launch either an arbitrary template or the one that is in the
>Template field?
>
>Thanks,
>Gene

Hello Gene,

You can define a custom (user defined) action and still have it use a
template. But the template will just define the content of the email
message sent by the action, and so will only come into play if the
action results in an email message. There's no way in which a
template can be 'launched'.

Steve