[rt-users] Binary Attachment Corruption

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 27 14:49:46 EDT 2007

Hello,

We've just had our first and only report of a binary attachment being
corrupted in RT. I was hoping someone might have an idea why this
might happen. The file in question was a zip archive, size 7MB and
was attached to an incoming email message.

We are at RT 3.4.2, Perl 5.8.4 and Oracle 9.2.  Our Attachments table
looks like this:

  desc attachments
  ----------------------------------------- --------
----------------------------
  ID                                        NOT NULL NUMBER(11)
  TRANSACTIONID                             NOT NULL NUMBER(11)
  PARENT                                    NOT NULL NUMBER(11)
  MESSAGEID                                          VARCHAR2(160)
  SUBJECT                                            VARCHAR2(510)
  FILENAME                                           VARCHAR2(255)
  CONTENTTYPE                                        VARCHAR2(80)
  CONTENTENCODING                                    VARCHAR2(80)
  CONTENT                                            CLOB
  HEADERS                                            CLOB
  CREATOR                                   NOT NULL NUMBER(11)
  CREATED                                            DATE

These are our config settings for handling large attachments:

Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);

Thanks for any suggestions,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)