[rt-users] RAM

Firas Batal (QA/EMC) firas.batal at ericsson.com
Wed Mar 28 11:25:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

I do not know if this is the right forum for my question.  I will try to
see if someone has DB experience.

I have RT 3.2.1 running with MySQL 4.0.21.  I use MYSQL with RT, and I
have just created a ticket that contains a .zip attachment with a size
of 11MB.  I wonder if one could guide me through the following:  I know
that MYSQL need lots of RAM to breathe properly.  But, where is the file
kept? Is in stored in records in RAM or its stored on the hard drive
with a pointer of the location of the file stored in RAM?

Thank you for your time and help
Firas