[rt-users] Re: InnoDB Ticket IDs incrementing by 10?

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Tue May 1 15:08:22 EDT 2007

mike wrote:
> I hate to reply to my own question, but does anyone else see this issue
> with new tickets being generated with IDs of n+10 rather than n+1?  It
> has to be something simple/stupid that I'm missing, but I've been
> looking at it for days and am clearly overlooking something at this
> point...I offer a 6 pack of your choice of beers in exchange for a quick
> fix :)
Don't know if the folling qualifies but I have had the same issue but
then I'm using Oracle. With Oracle it is simple to remedy, namelijk
adjust the caching of the sequence numbers from 20, in my case and the
default of Oracle sequences, to nocache. This has a performance impact
but not noticeable in our environment.
May this can also be set for MySQL on table level or server level.

Joop