[rt-users] ticket labels/tags

Ben Weston ben at computerhelpme.com
Wed May 2 09:55:35 EDT 2007

I did basically the same thing for our system.

What I did was build a custom field, (Select one), and set it to a
global field.  In it I put the names of our various business customers,
as well as several others (Referrals, Walk-Ins, Established
Residential).  It makes it very easy to do a search by custom field for
the particular item you're looking for.  It's also helping because we're
doing a big mailing/marketing push, and we can tag the call backs based
on where they heard about us.

Ben