[rt-users] RT 4

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Wed May 2 10:24:29 EDT 2007

my 2c

1.) Archiving - Store tickets older then 2 years in archive. It should
be possible to search the archive.

2.) Better User Interface (look at launchpad from ubuntu)

3.) User Management. We have 50 Users in our department, and
> 1000 user on the campus. So we start to organize everything in groups,
but this sometimes don't works with RT. We have 15 queues, for
each queue I defined a group, which is allowed to work on tickets,
one group to get emails from this queue, and on to see the queue in
ui. The result is that I have > 45 groups. I'm not sure how to solve
this, but I think a "role" would be helpful. So I define roles
for the queues and assign the roles to the users

4.) user management. delete user, assign additional email adresses,
merge users.

5.) ticket management. purge tickets by status, purge tickets by
creator. we need this to handle spam and even worse the trillions
of mails/tickets monitor scripts produce by accident.

6.) rich email gateway. seems to be very difficult.
signatures won't work, because there to complicated
to install and maintain in big organizations.

7.) Management tools. my boss would like a report page.
how many tickets came into our department, how much
does we solve, how long it take (not as a queue view,
but for the instance).

8.) cli/gui. A external tool would be nice, which supports
handicap (blind) person, offline usage and faster
search results via caching.

9.) packaging I want a apt/yum repository for REHL
and Debian systems. All these problems with CPAN and
perl version vs. distribution version ... are annoying
I think it should be easy to build the packages, and
for this kind of service I would willing to spend some money.

10.) support. this is not directly related to the software.
but i would wish that you offer support via. email in a
smaller size. So we have 200k Tickets, but we don't want a platinum
contract. All we want is a address to send support questions,
and get an answer in a week.

hope that helps!

sven