[rt-users] Problems with 3.4.5 with Firefox

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Thu May 3 19:42:22 EDT 2007

Ben Weston wrote:
> Anyone else run into this?
>
> Periodically, my RT will just sit and sit and sit when I access it
> through Firefox.  It works fine for IE, no one else in the company is
> having any problems (they use IE almost exclusively).  When I fire up
> a session side-by-side with Firefox in IE, the IE version works fine
> for me as well, while the Firefox just sitting at the "Waiting for
> RT.XXXXX.com"
>

> Thoughts, suggestions?
The network connection in Firefox is performed through a single thread
so check make sure another window isn't trying to open or connect some
where.  You've said Firefox so I'll assume you're not talking Mozilla or
Seamonkey etc, for reference I have the same issue with Seamonkey, and
it's always when my mail server becomes unreachable, all pages (not just
RT) will wait until either the mail server responds or a dialog saying
the mail server timed out appears before proceeding.  You can get IE to
do that same if you turn off 'Open a new instance of IE with each window'.

Regards,

Mat