[rt-users] RT 4

Maloney, Michael Michael_Maloney at nyce.net
Fri May 4 10:32:16 EDT 2007

      > If, for the sake of argument, Best Practical were to
      > rewrite RT, what would you want to see in the new product?
      >
      > Think big.

Reiterate what some others have stated:

1. Better Reporting - Average ticket close time by tech, closed tickets
by tech, top 10 requestors, etc...
   I've needed to create all these, now learning / using Jasper, but it
was a pain to come up with all the queries. I'm not a report creator,
nor a SQL expert, and don't have time to learn _everything_.

2. Rights Management - I have "the book" (RT Essentials), and sometimes
still confused (lots of trial and error).

3. Easier way to do write SCRIPs. - For the "non-tech" bunch. Like how
MS-Outlook (shudder) does rules (Rules and Alerts Wizard) - so easy,
even my end-users can do it!!

3. Active Directory interface/native integration - This is a biggie.
NOBODY want's / needs an extra user ID / password combo to remember.

4. Asset Tracking built in - cradle to grave, I need to know a device's
history and problems.

Mike M.