[rt-users] RT 4

Brian Gallew geek+rt at cmu.edu
Fri May 4 17:26:48 EDT 2007

Scott Courtney wrote:
>> 3. Active Directory interface/native integration - This is a biggie.
>> NOBODY want's / needs an extra user ID / password combo to remember.
>>

> -1 on Active Directory integration; +1 on Kerberos integration that *also*
> works with AD. Please don't go down the platform-specific road; support the
> open standard instead.

Perhaps I'm weird, but I don't want *any* native authentication in RT.
Authentication is the domain of the web server.  I vastly prefer RT to
behave appropriately according to the current web server authentication,
automatically creating new users as they appear, and all
non-authenticated users become anonymous.  Of course, RT already
supports this mode of operation, so I'm happy.  8-)