Posting jobs to rt-users (was Re: [rt-users] Seeking custom RT script development)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri May 11 13:09:00 EDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 3:32 PM, Tim Wilson wrote:

> My perl skills are rudimentary at best, so I'm wondering how I
> could go about hiring someone else to develop the script for me. Is
> that kind of thing OK to post on the list? Maybe we could use [RFP]
> or [JOB] in the subject line to differentiate them. Do we need an
> RT marketplace somewhere to this purpose?

For the somewhat obvious reason we earn our living when folks send
email to sales at bestpractical.com, I'm a little leery of setting up a
public marketplace for RT-related consulting development projects.
But I'm willing to give it a shot.

Here are the ground rules:

[JOB] goes at the beginning of any job/paid-project related post.

Money does not get discussed on the list.

The poster should clearly identify who the customer is.

If we see you trying to do something that would violate RT's license
terms, we might smack you.

I reserve the right to update/change these rules as I see fit.

Seem reasonable?

Best,

Jesse