[rt-users] Still lots of Spam hitting RT after filtering via Procmail/Spamassasin/Rules Du Jour

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Tue May 15 13:02:25 EDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:03:34 +0100
"Pedro Santa" <pedro.santa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> My RT instance still receives lots of SPAM even with procmail
> filtering, with Spamassasin updated with "rules du jour" script.
>
> My procmail logs show that some of the mail is filtered but still gets
> trough lots of spam. Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Pedro Machado Santa
>
> RT 3.4.1
>
> Here are my configuration files:

< SNIPPED >

Looks like you used my configs :-)

I would review the headers of the ones getting through.  Most likely you
can "turn down" the SPAM assassins rating number.

Review the X-SPAM-SCORE: header of all the spam getting through, then
look over the same headers of "good" email getting through.  Problably
will not take look to see a pattern.  You can then change your spam
assassin config to reflect what you have found.

Also note that SPAM assassin needs some time to learn.  Do a bit of
googling for "sa-learn --ham" and "sa-learn --spam" to get a better
idea.

For what it is worth, here is top portion of my /etc/

# Added by KDS on 1/10/05
# Lowered to catch a little more then necessary
required_hits 3.5
# ok_languages en
ok_locales en
rewrite_header subject [*** SPAM ***]
# Next line adds info to top of email body
report_safe 0

fold_headers 1
# next line should be all one line, watch for wrapping
add_header all Status _YESNO_, hits=_HITS_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_
autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org