[rt-users] http vs https problem

Robert Long rlong at bluegecko.net
Tue May 15 15:47:29 EDT 2007

We ran into that problem as well and we fixed it via this hackish-ness:

in RT/Interface/Web.pm . At around line 194 you will see something that
looks like this:

    if ($uri->host  eq $server_uri->host &
        $uri->port eq $server_uri->port) {
            $uri->host($ENV{'HTTP_HOST'});
            # $uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});
    }

Make sure that "$uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});" is commented out.

If you look at what the webclient is being told to access, it ends up
being something like "https://<yoursite>:80"- which fails.  I doubt this
is the correct way to fix this problem, but after it started working we
kinda lost interest ...

.r'