[rt-users] Desperately ned Oracle help

Justin Brodley jbrodley at sumtotalsystems.com
Thu May 17 13:19:54 EDT 2007

Sal- It has to do with Apache and your CGI handler not knowing the
oracle parameters. We use Fast CGI on Redhat connecting to a remote
Oracle servers.  I had to add the following lines to my httpd.conf file:

# RT STUFF FOR APACHE

SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/lib

SetEnv ORACLE_HOME /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1

SetEnv ORACLE_SID rt

SetEnv TWO_TASK rt

(change above variables to your implementation)

In Httpd conf I also had to change the initialization string for
Fastcgi, this is the line in my config.

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4 -initial-env
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/lib -initial-env
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client1 -initial-env
ORACLE_SID=rt -initial-env TWO_TASK=rt

Some of this might be a bit excessive but I was trying everything and
spent a ton of time on the fastcgi and apache websites trying to figure
this out. Once this was all completed I was successful in getting DBI
Searchbuilder working. This took about a 12 hours of research and trial
and error on my part, and I've meant to go back and put this information
in the wiki but haven't had a chance.

 Justin Brodley