[rt-users] Message not recorded...permission denied

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 1 13:16:15 EDT 2007

John,

	Perhaps the ticket has been moved or something. The queue where the
ticket currently exists while the users are trying to reply needs to
have "ReplyToTicket" as a right granted to either the group of users
that use this queue or to "privileged" or the role you deem proper. I do
not believe "ModifyTicket" needs to be granted in this case. The rights
"CommentOnTicket" (and conversely "ShowTicketComments") and
"ReplyToTicket" (and conversely "ShowOutgoingEmail") and
"ModifyCustomField" exist to allow modification to tickets for those
explicit functions only without allowing that same person to change
dates, status, etc. other ticket fields. We set up most of those kind of
rights (like "ReplyToTicket") globally to the "Requestor", "CC" and
"AdminCc" roles so we don't have to worry about it on the queue level or
grants those rights redundantly in queues. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL