[rt-users] handling bounce messages - rtbouncehandler?

Geoff Roberts geoff at apro.com.au
Thu Nov 8 22:52:36 EST 2007

Hi,

I have the issues listed below, and searching through the Wiki and archives it
seems my problem may best be handled by rtbouncehandler. Could someone who
has used rtbouncehandler see if my assumption is correct please?

The other problem is I can't seem to find any link on the Wiki to download
rtbouncehandler: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/RtBounceHandler

I also haven't found it in the mail list archives as an attachment.

My problems are twofold:

a) every now and then one of our support personnel will travel. Inevitably
their inbox will fill up. We then get a string of new tickets created in our
support queue under the following scenario.

Since these users are Watchers, admins or CCs on various tickets emails get
sent to the user when there is a change/update to the ticket. These emails
then get bounced with a "mailbox full" message from the mail server - in turn
the bounce message creates a new ticket, which in turn creates a new bounce
message in a never ending and escalating loop.

b) The usual odd spam that makes it past the spam filter and gets bounced with
an incorrect delivery address.

Will rtbouncehandler help and if so, where can I download a copy? If not are
there any other suggestions to fix the issue?

Kind regards,

Geoff