[rt-users] RT3 not sending emails to requestor or owner

Karl Boyken boyken at divms.uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 19 11:02:08 EST 2007

JBolden at broadsoft.com wrote:
> I have the same problem. Yum was on cron updating the machine normally.
> This was configured by the previous RT admin.  When I checked the yum
> log I noticed that yum updated perl libraries before the failures were
> noticed. After Nov 9th this functionality stopped. I am in the process
> of restoring from tape this directory. If you determine that it is
> anything else, please reply. I have disabled yum from cron.
>
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5

Our RT also is not sending mail to owners anymore, but is still sending
mail to the requestor and Cc.  I don't see how $NotifyActor could have
anything to do with this, since a) we haven't changed that config
setting, and b) owners aren't being notified when requestors send
mail--when owners aren't actors.

Karl Boyken

--
Karl Boyken, system administrator
karl-boyken at uiowa.edu
303A MLH, Dept. of Comp. Sci.
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~boyken/
The U. of Iowa, Iowa City, IA  52242   319-335-2730 (voice)
319-335-3668 (fax)