[rt-users] RT3 failure after RH4 updates

Stuart J. Browne sjbrowne at bluebottle.com
Mon Nov 26 20:29:50 EST 2007

Hi,

We're using RT 3.6.0 with mod_perl-2.0.2, and up until yesterday, it was
working fine.

Updated apache and perl and a few other modules on a RHEL4 box and after
restarting apache, am getting 0-byte replies and these errors when accessing
RT:

[Tue Nov 27 01:09:04 2007] [crit]: Can't locate object method "request" via
package "Apache" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CGI.pm line 315.
(/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl:125)

No other errors in the error log.

I've tried back tracking it to figure out what's causing the issue, and it's
coming back to CGI.pm(315) calling:

	$self->r(Apache->request) unless $self->r;

Verified that CGI.pm didn't change during the update.

Simple command line test to check required packages passed without issue:

	perl -e 'require mod_perl; require Apache::Response; require
Apache::RequestRec; require Apache::RequestUtil; require APR::Pool'

So, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this is now fried.

Short of reverting the updates, any ideas on where to look next would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

Apache v-host: