[rt-users] Is lib/RT/Queues_Overlay.pm AddRecord a bug?

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 30 12:34:03 EST 2007

Jan,

	My understanding of the "SeeQueue" and "CreateTicket" rights are that
they are related/coupled when creating ticket via WebUI. It's the same
thing as granting "CreateTicket" globally but also needing the
email/correspondence address of any queue you want to create a ticket in
using self-service. In other words, granting the "SeeQueue" right to a
group for a queue accomplishes the same filtering effect for creating a
ticket via WebUI as giving/witholding the email/correspond address to a
queue from a user so they can/can't create tickets via email (unless you
have given them the ability to "SeeConfigTab", which would be highly
unlikely/unwise for someone who should only be creating tickets). It
makes sense to me and I don't see it as broken. As to your idea of
granting "SeeQueue" on a "group only to queue" basis sounds like the
right approach. Nothing broken and no need for changes to code. Hope
this helps.

Kenn
LBNL