[rt-users] RT vs. RTIR

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 3 13:21:25 EDT 2007

Max Clark wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As we start to evaluate new ticket management platforms to use the
> specific functionality described in the RT vs RTIR comparison page
> displays functionality that I believe would be greatly beneficial to
> us. However the age or the rtir binaries leaves me a little concerned.
>
> What is the status of the RTIR project? Has this functionality been
> merged directly into RT?

We're just at the very end of a two-year project to completely overhaul
RTIR and add hundreds of new features for a consortium of 13 European
CERT and CSIRT teams. We expect the release of RTIR 2.4 (and a new
version of RT to go with it) sometime this fall.

It depends on exactly what functionality you're looking for. Many
features in RTIR are now core RT features (And that's been part of this
project)

Best,
Jesse