[rt-users] Moved Database, now cannot create sessions

Jacob Helwig Jacob at buschs.com
Thu Oct 4 09:16:25 EDT 2007

It should actually be the web server process that is trying to write to
the directory, not MySQL, if you're using Apache::Session::File.  Have
you changed the WebSessionClass in your RT_SiteConfig.pm?  It should be
trying to save to the MySQL DB, and not /usr/local/rt3/var/session_data,
unless you have changed it.

# $WebSessionClass is the class you wish to use for managing Sessions.
# It defaults to use your SQL database, but if you are using MySQL 3.x
and
# plans to use non-ascii Queue names, uncomment and add this line to
# RT_SiteConfig.pm will prevent session corruption.

# Set($WebSessionClass , 'Apache::Session::File');

If the Set line is still commented out, or not defined in your
RT_SiteConfig.pm, you might want to check the permissions on your
sessions table, and make sure the structure is correct on it.

--
Jacob Helwig
PC Technician