[rt-users] Error starting apache - Invalid command PerlModule

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Sat Oct 20 14:36:03 EDT 2007

The Apache Alias directive should be pointing the RT installation, not
where any perl module lives...

Please post the relevant portions of your apache config.

James Moseley

             "Michael Moon"
             <MMoon at verimatrix
             Sent by:                  <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       [rt-users] Error starting apache  -
                                       Invalid command PerlModule
             10/20/2007 01:04
             PM

I am trying to get RT 3.6.5 configured. I have it installed. I am now
trying to get Apache and mod_perl configured.

When I attempt to start apache I get the error Invalid command PerlModule.
Obviously I don’t have httpd.conf configured correctly, but in reading the
instructions I don’t understand what directory I am supposed to use for the
Alias /perl/  directory.

Make test  and make install ran without errors. If I comment out the Perl
commands, apache starts fine.

The make install had output like this:

Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache.pm
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm
…
…

I have tried to use Alias /perl/ /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
/i386-linux-thread-multi/  But no luck.

The environment is CentOS 5  Apache 1.30, mod_perl 1.3

Can someone clue me in to what might be the problem?

Thanks,