[rt-users] Strange custom field performance issue after upgrading to RT 3.6.4

Matthew Goheen mgoh at lle.rochester.edu
Tue Oct 23 11:47:57 EDT 2007

> Have you done a "FULL VACUUM ANALYZE" recently? It looks like the
> statistics engine is...confused. That's the best way to reset it.

I didn't think that would help as the data was just imported a week ago, and
almost nothing has been done to the database since.

However, this morning I tried upgrading to the latest Postgres (8.2.5) and
that totally fixed the problem.  I will try going back to the old database
just to ensure that the "FULL VACUUM ANALYZE" will NOT fix it, but at this
point I'm fairly certain there must have been some sort of database issue
in the Postgres that ships with RHEL5.

I'll send a follow-up with the final result of that test.

	- Matt