[rt-users] External Storage Media

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Sep 12 17:48:35 EDT 2007

It sounds as if you want the RT3 database and associated tables to be
located on a SAN.  Of course you can do that.  Neither the database server
nor RT cares.  The database and RT application don't have to be on the same
server....

Regardless of the database server you are using (MySQL, Oracle, etc), your
questions are more suitable for forums directly dealing with those database
environments.  Questions like DB performance, configuration examples, etc,
should be directed to those forums.  For example, if you are using MySQL,
have you checked out the mysql forums?

http://forums.mysql.com

James Moseley

             "Firas Batal
             \(QA/EMC\)"
             <firas.batal at eric                                          To
             sson.com>                 <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             rt-users-bounces@
             lists.bestpractic                                     Subject
             al.com                    [rt-users] External Storage Media

             09/12/2007 01:24
             PM

Hello,

I kindly ask for some expert’s advice on the possibility of having an
external storage media (database), which lies in a SAN (Storage Area
Network).
This Database will contain “rt3” database instead of it being stored
internally.   I have searched this mailing list to no avail.   The only
information I have found is that one could store user information in the
database for authentication purposes.

If someone has any ideas, then please share it with me (us).

Thank you for your time and sorry for the Inconvenience

.
Firas