[rt-users] Speed difference between superuser and others

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Thu Sep 13 10:14:02 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 03:34:08PM +0200, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 07:51:35AM -0500, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 11:20:36AM +0200, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> >
> > That does seem a little bit excessive. 800 SQL queries in 5 minutes
> > is about 1/3 second per query which seems slow to me. You may want to
> > turn on query logging/timing and try to analyze them to find the
> > bottleneck. We only have 80 queues, but the initial load takes about
> > 2.5 seconds the first time and 2 seconds thereafter. Good luck with
> > your performance tuning.
> >

> Thanks for your answer, I think also that it is a database issue, I'm
> going to look at it in depth ;)

Fixed, on this Oracle 9.2.0.7.0, we had to create the following index
(don't know why the DisGrouMem index is not used :():

CREATE INDEX GemDisMem ON CachedGroupMembers
(Disabled, MemberId)
LOGGING
TABLESPACE USERS
PCTFREE    10
INITRANS   2
MAXTRANS   255
STORAGE    (
	INITIAL          64K
	MINEXTENTS       1
	MAXEXTENTS       2147483645
	PCTINCREASE      0
	BUFFER_POOL      DEFAULT
	)
NOPARALLEL;

with this, it's working fine :)

Note: I tested on a 10g database, the speed is ok without this index...

--
Emmanuel Lacour