[rt-users] User duplication

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Fri Sep 14 11:46:42 EDT 2007

Hi Kenneth;

I am guessing you mean the Name column and not the Id column within the
Users table, (if its the Id column then you need to check the sql
engine, that field is pri auto_incremented and the sql engine should n't
be allowing duplicate to happen) ..
I have seen a duplicate Name, in my case it was due to someone changing
things from mysql (which is wrong), it may also happen with some sort of
import.
what I did to fix is by using sql I changed the name:
update Users set Name = x where Name = Y (for each one you do not want
to keep); then used RT to remove group membership if any exist then
disable the users ..
then if you wish delete them from the database using sql or better still
use rtx-shredder (if it works for you).

Roy