[rt-users] Apache2 / mod_perl2 setup help

Gary D. Margiotta gary at tbe.net
Tue Sep 25 11:23:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm attempting a manual install of RT 3.6.4 on a FreeBSD system, using
Apache2 and mod_perl2.  I have gotten everything installed and mostly
configured, however I'm stuck at the "Almost there!" message after
installation and don't know what else I'm missing.

I've been through the docs, the wiki, google, and some mailing list
archives, and nothing I've tried works, so I'm coming here as a last
resort.

The apache2 server was compiled by hand, not ports or packages, with DSO
support, running in /usr/local/apache2.

mod_perl2 was compiled using apxs, and built fine and is currently
installed and supposedly functioning fine as per the server info:

Server Version: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8
Server Built: Aug 1 2007 00:14:28

rt was built and installed from source, database was initialized, and all
seems OK.  All dependencies were built, mostly through "make fixdeps",
some packages installed manually through CPAN.  DB is mysql5 on a remote
system, and the database appears to be functioning fine.

Here's my apache config section:

httpd.conf:

website conf:

<VirtualHost 192.168.16.42:80>

    ServerName rt.gm-tech.us
    DocumentRoot /data/web/rt.gm-tech.us
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    ErrorLog /data/web/log/rt.gm-tech.us/error/error.log
    CustomLog /data/web/log/rt.gm-tech.us/access/access.log combined
    Options +ExecCGI

# this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
# Below line might be incorrect, I had to use:
#     PerlModule Apache2::compat
# mod_perl 2.0.1 from FC4 Linux
#PerlModule Apache2::compat

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location /data/web/rt.gm-tech.us>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://rt.gm-tech.us$1/index.html

</VirtualHost>

Anything obviously wrong that I'm missing?  I've got the Apache2::compat
line commented out above at the moment, but with it either commented or
uncommented, it doesn't work.

Nothing obvious in the apache logs, all seems OK on that front.

-Gary