[rt-users] Archiving the Attachments Table

Justin Hayes justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
Wed Apr 2 09:28:36 EDT 2008

Thanks I'll take a look at the Shredder - I was thinking about
deleting rows using SQL but if there's an extension to do it I'll use
that.

However am I easily going to be able to get files back from the backup
if I need them?

The files are stored as data in a column of that table. If 3 months
down the line I need a file from a Ticket, will I be able to find out
which row I need in my backup if the Shredder has removed it from the
live RT? Also will I be able to out the data back into a file?

Or are you suggesting setting up an archive install of RT and having
that run off the backup. So I have a live streamlined install and a
bloated backup install.

Cheers,

Justin
Justin Hayes