[rt-users] Due Date in Ticket Creation Page

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Apr 3 11:52:15 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

We use both the RT web piece and php front ends; the choice for us depends
on who is creating the ticket.  If a queue has tickets that are primarily
created by users, we use php.  This lets me do a lot of sanity-checking on
the data before a ticket ever gets created.  For queues whose tickets are
entered by our staff, we use RT's web piece - saves the hassle and
potential security issues of writing an unnecessary php app.  Using php
also helps us mitigate the effects of spam; if an incoming e-mail arrives
at a queue that is only supposed to get php messages then it must be in a
specific format.  If the format is wrong, or if it comes from the wrong
address, then we just delete the ticket in the OnCreate scrip and it goes
away without anyone getting bogus notifications.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC