[rt-users] I've asked the beginner perl group but no one responded

Mathew mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:55:50 EDT 2008

I'm trying to make the (re-)installation of RT as painless as possible
for future generations.  I've encountered a problem though in that I
can't get HTML::FormatText, XML::RSS or Apache-DBI to install through
`make fixdeps`.  As a result I've written a small script which parses
the output of `make testdeps` for any lines containing "MISSING".

I'm trying to pass these modules onto cpan and force their installation
with no luck.  I've tried the following:
CPAN::Shell::force(install,$mod_name)
CPAN::Module::force(install,$mod_name)
system "perl -MCPAN -e 'force install $mod_name'"

None work.

How can I take care of this?

Mathew
--