[rt-users] 3.6.0/mysql 4: sessions is MyISAM?

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Wed Apr 16 16:48:46 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem Ole had with his installation:

After upgrading to 3.6.6 merged tickets are really slow.

I saw a lot of MySQL entrys stating that get_lock queries took a long
time:

# Query_time: 69  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 0
use rtdb;
SELECT GET_LOCK('Apache-Session-1b11b6323211dc42ec9d40473784e254',
3600);

After changing the session backend to Apache::Session::File the mysql
log entries are gone but the ticket system is not faster than before...

However, this does only affect merged tickets.

It seems that rt locks and tries to access the locked data in some way
because it used to be two tickets.

Has anyone a solution to this problem?

On Mi, Aug 23, 2006 at 11:14:20 -0600, Ole Craig <ocraig at stillsecure.com> wrote:
> (3.6.0/mysql-4.1.20/CentOS 4.3)
>
> Hi -
>         Trying to figure out why my performance goes in the crapper on
> requests for merged tickets, and I noticed that all of my db tables are
> InnoDB -- except sessions, which is MyISAM. I also noticed that when I'm
> monitoring with mysql-administrator, the query that seems to take
> forever (>120 seconds sometimes, on a db with only about 300 tickets in
> it so far) looks like this:
>
> SELECT GET_LOCK('Apache-Session-b2dec1598b67a7a5cfc7c7c9696c002c', 3600)
>
> Is there anything to be gained by converting sessions to InnoDB, or
> should I leave it as MyISAM? (I have no other MyISAM tables in this
> server, so at the very least I could free up the resources by removing
> the engine.)
>
> 	Thoughts?
>
> 	Thanks,
> 		Ole