[rt-users] I've asked the beginner perl group but no one responded

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Thu Apr 17 03:48:45 EDT 2008

Hello!

just my 2c, Request Tracker is really a nice piece of
Software which helps our organisation a lot

BUT

the distribution is a mess, the only thing an average
sysadmin wants to do is to install via the package
manager on his RT server, and to run from time to time
an update with his package manager.
I don't want to install via cpan perl modules which may be
in conflict with versions from perl packages of the operating
system.
For this convenience I'm sure there would be also some
customer willing to pay a subscription fee.

till this happy days I will tar,make,cpan ....

regards!

sven