[rt-users] Custom Fields Transactions

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 21 15:43:37 EDT 2008

Carlos,

	I use the following "User-Defined" condition to execute based on a
change to a CF:

# condition execution on value of CF QA Approved and if the approver ID
# is not the owner ID

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;

if  ($trans->Type eq 'CustomField')
     {my $cf = new RT::CustomField($RT::SystemUser);
         $cf->LoadByName(Queue => $ticket->QueueObj->id,
          Name => "QA Approved");
      return 0 unless $cf->id;
      if  ($trans->Field == $cf->id &&
           $trans->NewValue eq "Yes")
           {
            return 1;
           }
     }

return 0;

	This basically checks the CF "QA Approved" to see if the value is what
I need before I execute. What I want it to do is in the cleanup area.
Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL