[rt-users] Timer for TimeWorked

Greg Evans gevans at hcc.net
Mon Apr 21 17:35:42 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I am attempting to implement a timer for the "TimeWorked" field so that
technicians do not have to manually enter the time worked on each ticket
(from creation to close). I have created two timers, one in perl and one in
javascript (ok, I borrowed the one in javascript). They both work just fine
when tested. The Javascript one works on a webpage, and the perl one works
from the CLI.

I cannot, for the life of me, make either one work with RT.  The code is
below. It probably could be done better, but hey I didn't write the code,
just borrowed it:

<script type = "text/javascript">
<!--
var seconds=0
var minutes=0
var hours=0
function display(){
if (seconds>=60){
seconds=0
minutes+=1
else if (minutes>59){
seconds=0
minutes=0
hours+=1
}
else
seconds+=1
document.TicketUpdate.UpdateTimeWorked.value=hours+":"+minutes+":"+seconds
setTimeout("display()",1000)
display()
}
//-->
</script>

The HTML part:

<form action="Update.html" name="TicketUpdate"
        method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<&|/l&>Worked</&>: <input size="8" name="UpdateTimeWorked" />

I put all of this into /opt/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Update.html and was hoping
to do something Similar in Create.html

Any ideas and any help appreciated

Regards,

Greg Evans