[rt-users] Question about having a "splash" page?

Jared Hanks jmhanks1373 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:02:37 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to create a "splash" page for RT.  What I mean by splash page is this... basically a page that has 2 links:  one link to our custom web ticket entry page, and one to actually log in to RT.

We currently are using RT 3.6.1 and have it's domain as https://rt.domain.com.  For submitting a ticket I would like the user to be able to go to https://rt.domain.com and click on the link for submitting a ticket from the splash page.  If they actually would like to log in they would just click on the link from the splash page and get to the RT login prompt.

Any one know how to do this?  I'm not sure if it's something that I can do in httpd.conf or not.  I tried it a little bit ago, but didn't get it to work correctly.  I don't know that much about the web configuration stuff so that's why I'm asking the user list.  I'm hoping someone has done this before, or can at least point me in the right direction.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared