[rt-users] can users be prevented from editing 'RT at a glance'?

Chris Fabri fabric at northwestern.edu
Wed Apr 23 12:23:17 EDT 2008

On 4/23/08 11:00 AM, Chad Adlawan wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I did my homework, found nothing, and sent the same query few days ago -
> will try once again.
>
> Is it possible to prevent users from editing or customizing 'RT at a
> glance' ?
>
> That's my original question - assuming it can't be done, which script
> can I edit directly just to remove the "edit" button? The one next to
> "10 highest priority tickets I own".

This is the "modify self" right, which can be applied on a per group or
per user basis in the global rights sections respectively.  Remove this
right, and users won't be able to update RT-at-a-Glance, and probably
some other items related.

> And lastly, which script or database record is the information on
> default fields to display under "10 highest priority tickets I own"
> stored on? I'd like to try editing those directly - just need to be
> pointed to the right place.

These displays are simply searches that are displayed in the
at-a-glance.  Click the edit next to the "10 highest..." title.  You can
edit that search to change what fields are displayed, how they are are
ordered, etc."   The number 10 simply reflects the at a glance config
for how many fields to display, and each user can modify that.  Not
something you need, or want, to modify behind the scenes.

I'm sure there's a way to globally change that number from 10, but have
not done it myself.   This simply applies to how many search results are
display on the at a glance, the search itself has a different limit,
that is again customizable in the search.   chris