[rt-users] Question about having a "splash" page?

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Wed Apr 23 23:32:36 EDT 2008

Jared,
Take it fromsomeone who has zero time to keep things updated. Try to
keep your nods to the place that upgrades will not overwirte them. After
a while you will have a hard time to make those mods and to keep track
of them.

You can add anything to the index.html page as long as it resides in
/path/to/your/rt3/local/html.
Since you are not up on HTML you should look to get a good HTML editor.
I am not sure what your desktop OS is but I use two.

HoTMetal Pro (No longer available)
Coffee Cup HTML Editor

HoTMetal Pro was the best package I ever used and have used it for the
past 13+ years. I was sad to see the company SoftQuad sell it off.

Coffee Cup is the next best one I found. These are both Windows
packages.

>>> Jared Hanks <jmhanks1373 at hotmail.com> 04/23/08 4:30 PM >>>
Ok, maybe the splash page is going to be a little more difficult than I
thought.

What about modifying the index.html code to add links above the "Login"
section.  Would that be ok, or is it not advisable?  What line should I
put the html code above, or should I be putting the code somewhere else
other than the index.html page?  I don't know much HTML, only a little
bit so I'm not quite sure where it needs to go.  I know that if I were
to upgrade I would probably need to modify the code again, which is
fine.

Thanks again.