[rt-users] RT + relay

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Aug 4 18:49:38 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I have a problem that's more of an MTA configuration issue than an RT issue,
but it does pertain to getting RT setup and I thought maybe someone else might
have tried a similar setup. I've been unable to resolve the issue by
searching the
postfix archives & FAQ, nor the RT wiki and list archives. Actually, it seems to
be a combination of two postfix FAQs:

* Delivering some users locally while sending mail as user at domain
 http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#some_local
* Commands, mailing lists, and /file/name destinations don't work in
virtual domains
 http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#virtual_command

I want to route some mail away (to google apps), but also for certain
recipients'
messages to make their way to RT.

RT incoming address is:
 play at cambenergy.org
postfix/virtual:
 play play at localhost
postfix transmutes this to:
 play at localhost.cambenergy.org
which is deferred, and the alias is never reached:
 play: "|/path/to/command"

The virtuals for real local users do get mail routed to mail spools though...

Much obliged,

Jerrad Pierce

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet