[rt-users] RT requiring login for every click

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 5 12:04:54 EDT 2008

Mark,

	We ran into the same problem, only we are on Oracle. Our problem turned
out to be the result of using FireFox and Oracle. Our solution was to
change the code RT uses to set a session cookie as follows:

#   The following code should be added to the existing code in the “if”
#   condition code in the file "SetupSessionCookie"
#   on line # 75 (right after my $session_properties;),
#   in the directory /$RTHOME/local/html/Elements:
#

     74  my $session_properties;
     75  if ( $session_class eq 'Apache::Session::File' ) {
     76      $session_properties = {
     77          Directory     => $RT::MasonSessionDir,
     78          LockDirectory => $RT::MasonSessionDir,
     79          Transaction => 1
     80      };
     81  } else {
     82      $session_properties = {
     83          Handle     => $RT::Handle->dbh,
     84          LockHandle => $RT::Handle->dbh,
     85          Transaction => 1
     86      };
     87  }

	Lines 78 and 85 were added to the original code. After that, we have
had no problems at all. I hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL