[rt-users] Updating CustomFieldValues

Violetta Wawryk v.wawryk at science-computing.de
Tue Aug 12 08:11:06 EDT 2008

Hello,

We are using RT 3.6.1 and we have different Queues with exactly the same
CustomFields with exactly the same CustomFieldValues like

Queue1:
CustomField1: Platform
CustomFieldValues1: Linux
CustomFieldValues1: Windows

Queue2:
CustomField2: Platform
CustomFieldValues2: Linux
CustomFieldValues2: Windows

This is because at RT 3.4 it was not possible to use on CustomField on
more than one Queue. But since this is possible I want to use
CustomField1 not only in Queue1 but also in Queue2. Therefore I thought
I could update all old Tickets in Queue2 with the right CustomFields and
CustomFieldValues. But I don't understand the database structure
anymore. I cannot find any connections between the table "Tickets" and
the right CustomFields or the right Values.

In RT 3.4 there was a field in TicketCustomFieldValues called Ticket
which was the right connection... but now? Is there maybe a chart with
the complete database structure (EntityRelationshipModel), the fields
and the connections so I could understand how the RT works?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Violetta
--
Vorstand/Board of Management: