[rt-users] Changes to Saved Searches don't stick (RT 3.6.3 --> 3.8.1rc*)

Graham Ballantyne grahamb at sfu.ca
Wed Aug 13 20:16:44 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to move a RT 3.6.3 install over to 3.8.1rc4. I'm having
difficulties with saved searches. My 3.6.3 server exists at hostname/
rt and the saved searches (e.g. All New & Open Tickets) have /rt/
hardcoded into the search (e.g. if I click Edit > Advanced, the second
textfield has /rt/ hardcoded into the code that generates the html
links).

My 3.8.1 server is going to be at a new hostname and located at the
root. I have tried editing the searches (in 3.8.1rc4) to replace /rt/
with __WebPath__/ , as suggested by jibsheet in IRC. Here are the
steps I'm taking:

- Log into RT as the root user.
- From the home screen, click Edit for All New & Open Tickets)
- Click SavedSearch (in "You can also edit the predefined search
itself: SavedSearch")
- Click Advanced
- in the lower textfield, change /rt/ to __WebPath__/   (screenshot: http://skitch.com/grahamb/ujri/edit-query)
- click Apply
- click Update
- click Update format and Search

RT performs the search and the links are correct; they point to http://hostname:8081/Ticket/Display.html?Action=Take&id=11094

However... when I go back to the home screen, the links in New & Open
Tickets still refer to
http:/hostname:8081/rt/Ticket/Display.html?Action=Take&id=10857  <---
note the /rt/ is still there

To compound matters, I logged in as my regular user, which has a user-
saved search in addition to the system-saved All New & Open on the
dashboard. I was able to update the user-saved search with
__WebPath__/ and the changes are reflected on the home page.

So, why aren't the changes being reflected for the system-saved
searches?

I have:
- cleared the browser cache & cookies
- cleared the mason cache and restarted apache

There's nothing in the RT or apache logs to indicate any problem and
everything else seems to be OK.

Is it possible to change these saved searches directly in the database?

Thanks,
Graham.

-------------

Specs (for both the existing 3.6.3 and 3.8.1 installs; they're on the
same machine in different Solaris zones and different apache instances):
Solaris 10 (SPARC)
Apache 2.0.55 w/ FastCGI
Perl 5.8.8
mysql 5.0.41

My upgrade path:
- Stop the 3.6.3 install
- Dump the database
- Install 3.8.1rc4 into a new directory
- Set up RT_SiteConfig.pm
- Import the database
- Upgrade the database with rt-setup-database --action upgrade

The above steps all complete successfully.

--
Graham Ballantyne
grahamb at sfu.ca

Institutional, Collaborative & Academic Technologies
IT Services

Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC  V5A 1S6
p: 778-782-2014