[rt-users] make initialize-database error

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Fri Aug 15 14:53:27 EDT 2008

Chaim Rieger wrote:
> Jerrad Pierce wrote:
>
>> Was your MySQL maybe *built* without InnoDB?
>>
>> --
>> Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet
>>

> i installed the binary,
>
> if it was built without innodb support it wouldnt start up with the
> current my.cnf

If you do Show engines; you should see below if it's enabled.
| InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
foreign keys |

If you changed innodb_log_file_size you need to shutdown and delete the
old logs in /var/lib/mysql or innodb won't start up because it tries to
append to a fixed log that's smaller/larger then the one in the config.
I changed mine to 64mb also and you always have to get rid of the old
ib_logfile0-1files.

Curtis