[rt-users] customizing rt, question

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 17:53:16 EDT 2008

On 15 Aug 2008, at 4:53 pm, Chaim Rieger wrote:

> we (the company i work for) is thinking about allowing web access to
> the
> world for our rt. we have multiple instances of it in house, and use
> it
> extensively. however prior to rolling it out, they would like to see a
> plain login page with nothing but Login/Username/Passwd, no
> versions, no
> links, no logos.
>
> is this doable ?

Yes.

> would we have to purchase support in order to remove the logo ?

No, but you do need some expertise in understanding HTML::Mason in
order to override the default page with a copy of your own which does
what you require.  One of the nicest things about RT is that such
customisations are easy to do in a clean way.  See BestPractical's
wiki for examples and more information.

Tim