[rt-users] rt-shredder cli

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Mon Aug 18 15:43:22 EDT 2008

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How on earth does one use the rt-shredder utility?  There is an example:
>
> | rt-shredder --plugin 'Tickets=status,deleted;queue,general'
>
> But according to `rt-shredder --plugin help-Tickets', queue, status
> have been dropped infavour of queue:
>
> | Arguments `queue', `status' and `updated_before' have been dropped as
> | you can easy make the same search with the `query' option. See
> examples
> | above.
>
> Cheers, Alfred.

It's almost the same, query, (sql).. here's an example of my Spam Queue
with a date limit, record limit still works the same. I agree there
should be a bit more explanation, I had to look at the source to get a
better idea.

rt-shredder --plugin "Tickets=query,Queue = 'Spam' AND LastUpdated <
'$SDATE';limit,$SLIMIT" --sqldump $ARCHIVEPATH/spam-$DATE.sql --force

Curtis