[rt-users] Upgrade database from 3.6.1 to new server running RT3.8.1

Helmuth Ramirez HelmuthRamirez at compupay.com
Tue Aug 19 16:14:35 EDT 2008

Pedro,
Based on our offline conversation, I think the first thing issue that
needs to be tackled is why you can't access your db properly in the 3.8
world.  Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to answer that, but maybe I
can help troubleshoot with you.  I too moved my RT installation to a new
server (3.6.3 to 3.8.0 to 3.8.1).  Prior to me upgrading the db, I was
able to successfully access my new 3.8.0 installation and view my
tickets.  I imagine you should be able to also.
I'm going to throw out some basic things (please do not take offense),
do you have all the dependencies met for 3.8.1?  Did you update your
RT_SiteConfig.pm with your db name (I think you are using a different
name from the default).