[rt-users] Problem upgrading from 3.6.1 to 3.8.1

panu at colorplaza.com panu at colorplaza.com
Wed Aug 20 06:03:47 EDT 2008

> ALTER TABLE Templates MODIFY Content BLOB CHARACTER SET utf8 NULL
>> DEFAULT NULL;
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with that line.
>
> Panu -
>     Don't know about your other problem, but I ran into this SQL burp in
> four or five different tables while going from 3.6.0 to 3.8.1rc5. MySQL
> doesn't like the CHARACTER SET directive for a field of type BLOB. These
> lines should probably be changed to specify TEXT instead of BLOB (or you
> could remove the 'CHARACTER SET utf8' directive if you know the fields
> in question are used to store binary data instead of text.)
>
>     Looking at my database, Templates.Content is definitely TEXT.
>
>     Oh, and one other thing to watch out for -- the sql.queries file
> that I got out of running "etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl"
> contained some destructive transforms that I had to change. Several
> multi-character fields were temporarily transformed into type CHAR,
> which truncated them to a single character. Check your sql.queries file
> (e.g. 'grep " CHAR " sql.queries) and make sure you're not hitting the
> same thing; in my case, one of the fields that was thus truncated was in
> fact this same Templates.Content field. RT's templates don't work so
> good when they consist of only one character. :-)

Ole,

thanks a lot, I should have paid more attention to that. I for some
reason mixed up TEXT and CHAR. As the fields the queries wanted to
convert to blob were already blob I just deleted those rows and I now
have probably? a properly upgraded DB. (yes I restored an old dump first :)

I still have various problems, the cleanslate problem still appear in
the logs with various pages. For example:

Can't locate object method "CleanSlate" via package
"RT::Action::SendEmail" at
/opt/rt38/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 213.\n, referer:
http://xxx.yyy.com/Search/Simple.html

I also get internal server error with simple search. And for example
"homepage" has:

RT::Ticket::ACLEquivalenceObjects Unimplemented in RT::Principal.
(/opt/rt38/bin/../lib/RT/Principal_Overlay.pm line 327) and I can't see
any of my tickets.

Same kind of error appears on almost all pages.