[rt-users] Agent reply to customer - initiated by mail?

kschmitte kschmitte at voiceobjects.com
Fri Aug 22 03:13:04 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I searched the list archives (and the RT help/wiki), but was not successful
so far.
Maybe it is just to obvious?

I want to replace an older ticketing solution - not very nice tool, but with
an often needed feature:
When an agent replys to a notification for a ticket, this reply is sent to
the ticket requestor and added to the ticket as "agent answer" from the
trouble ticket system.

This feature is needed as our companys blackberry devices are not well
capable of handling login tracking for SSL web pages (don't know why) and
installing the Opera mini browser seems to be impossible (telco
restriction).
So the only helpful way is to do these things by mail...

Does this work with RT? Which effort would I need to calculate to make it
working?

Thanks for any help / hint / ...

regards,

Kai Schmitte