[rt-users] rt and sendmail problem

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Sun Aug 31 11:52:38 EDT 2008

On 30 Aug 2008, at 4:07 pm, Bartosz Komander wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have tried to find any answer to my problem in mailinglist
> archive, but
> without success...
>
> My problem is, I want to install RT Tickets on the "www" machine. I
> don't want
> to have there any MTA or such things... Fetching mails from external
> mail
> server works perfectly, without problems. But sending mail doesn't
> work at
> all.
>
> Is there any solution? How can I configure RT to connect to remote
> smtp
> server, authorize and send an e-mail?

You might perhaps consider using an extremely simplistic MTA on the
machine.  In similar circumstances, I tend to use something like
nullmailer, which just provides a sendmail like interface but does
nothing but forward the message to your designated mail server.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/nullmailer/

Regards,

Tim